PSYCHOTHERAPIST, FOR WOMEN AND MEN
I am a qualified GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPIST, working since 1988 with women and men, both individually and as couples. I have facilitated different types of groups,including ongoing mixed and men's therapy and experiential groups, staff support groups, and training for public sector care workers in the drug abuse and alcohol field .
YOU ARE LOVING AND LOVABLE
A core aspect of my philosophy is that human beings are loving and lovable and that we flourish through these experiences, or else become dis-eased through either lack or distortions of them. I aim to work with your experience, perceptions and belief systems about yourself, and with our joint awareness we collaborate in exploring how these help or hinder your current life needs and desires.
THE COMMITMENT TO TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
The decision to commit to a period of counselling/therapy can come from a number of motivations. It may be a time to take stock, review or explore unfinished experiences which may be blocking the way forward. A current life crisis, such as an ending of a relationship, the loss of a loved one, or some inexplicable sense of unhappiness or absence of fulfillment, promoting a desire to explore thoughts,feelings and dreams, in an attempt to make sense of the experience. These are some of the reasons for seeking support through counselling/therapy. Whatever the reason, I bring warmth, sensitivity, curiosity, humour and experience to help you create a safe crucible to explore issues that at times may be painful.
THRIVE AND FLOURISH
It is also important to note that the purpose of therapy is not by any means only to bring to awareness the ways in which we are blocked. In the course of the therapeutic experience, creativity, thriving and flourishing also receive as much attention as do suffering and personal difficulties.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPIST, GESTALT STUDIO LONDON
- Gestalt Psychotherapy Training with Gestalt Studio London. 3 year qualifying course,
plus subsequent 2 year post qualifying training.
- Course in Somatic Psychotherapy , Jig Labworth Exeter.
- Story-telling/Ancestral work, Spirit Horse, Wales.
- Analytic groupwork,Group Analytic Network, Bath.
- Art Therapy, Jungian, Image and Myth, Pelican Centre, Somerset.
- Group Leaders Training, Chiron Centre London.
- Oriental Medicine, Shiatsu and Wholefood Cookery, Kushi Institute, London.
- Mesitation Trainings 1) Transendental meditation, 2) Muktananda, 3) Zen Practice, 4) Insight Dialogue.
- Life Drawing, painting and sculpture, Queen's Road Sshool of Art and Design, Bristol. Continuing as working artist, with several
exhibitions to date.
- Teacher/facilitator for staff team, drug and alcohol abuse centre, Wales.
- Mens grouups,including assisting Nick Duffel - ' Sex, Spirit, Soul ' .
- Team Building, for music therapists in NHS, Bristol.
- Group day, for staff of Terence Higgins Trust, Bristol.
- Staff group, Religious Order, Bristol, for 7 years.
OTHER COURSES / INTERESTS
A plethora of related personal development courses over the years, ranging from, Residential men's group with Robert Bly and Michael Meade, to Body Awareness workshops in varying forms, from Voicework to Wholebody Movement .
Formative to my work and development over the last 25 years is my involvement in The Independent Practitioners Network. I am an active member The Leonard Piper ( a group within the network ), whose Code of Ethics I adhere to.
For further information about the network see ipnetwork.org.uk
AREAS OF COUNSELLING I WORK IN
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar Disorder/Manic Depression
- Child Related Issues
- Couples Counselling
- Debt Management
- Emotional Abuse
- Gender Identity
- Low Self Esteem
- Low Self Confidence
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postnatal Depression
- Relationship Issues
- Separation and Divorce
- Sexual Issues
- Work Related issues
My hourly charges are:
Individuals : £50
Couples : £65
Groups : £65
Supervision : £55
I offer an initial session, effectively a mutual interview, where jointly we decide if we sense a good connection, which we feel and trust will enable us to work together. This session is chargeable at the agreed rate .
My Gestalt practice is in St. Werburgh's, Bristol. Easy access from M32 and M4. 5 minutes from junction 3 ( M32 ). 20 minutes walk from Central Bus Station, or bus number 5 or 25 will take you to within a few hundred yards of my address. For early arrivers there is a pleasant leafy park with benches. You will find adequate local parking.